- 1 pack Goldenfry "Original" brand crispy batter mix (or make from scratch)
- 1 can Stahly brand haggis (or use fresh haggis)
- Squeeze the haggis in your hands to make small patties, then coat them in flour
- Prepare the batter mix by following the directions on the pack
- Dip the floured haggis patties into the batter mix and turn them to ensure they are thoroughly covered in batter
- Transfer immediately to a deep-fry pan full of pre-heated oil
- Fry until golden and crispy
It is almost impossible for this recipe to go wrong. If you use the recommended "Original" brand of crispy batter mix your results will be perfect every time. On the other hand, if you prepare your batter mix from scratch your results may vary.
I suspect that Robbie Burns and his compatriots would have me deep-fried in oil for perpetrating such an indignity on their national dish. Although I love my haggis I am, after all, a Sassenach and I ate the actual dish pictured above for my breakfast. Enjoy but beware angry Scotsmen wielding sharp claymores.