- Milk, cream or "50/50" coffee cream
- In a double boiler (as usual, I use a pyrex dish sitting at the top of a pan of boiling water) heat a cup of half milk, half light cream
- When the milk and cream is very hot, stir in a cup of marshmallows
- Keep stirring until all the marshmallows have melted
- Dice some strawberries, raspberries or similar into the bottom of serving dishes and spoon the hot parfait over the fruit
- Decorate the top of each dessert with dessicated coconut, candy sprinkles or shaved chocolate
- Refrigerate and serve when cold and firmly set.
This is a simple yet rich dessert that will appeal to all dessert lovers. Beware, it is high in calories, sugar and pleasure. Enjoy.