- One pack of McVities Rich Tea biscuits
- Two 200g bars of Cadbury Bournville dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Whisk the butter and sugar together with a fork
- Melt all the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water
- Break all the Rich Tea biscuits (except one) into very small pieces
- Eat the leftover biscuit; go ahead, be weak, they are good!
- Beat the egg and mix with about half the chocolate over heat
- Stir in the butter/sugar mixture then stir in the broken biscuits
- Make sure all the biscuit pieces are well-coated in chocolate; add more chocolate if necessary
- Press the mixture firmly into a shallow round baking pan and refrigerate until firm (a couple of hours)
- Re-heat and spread the remainder of the chocolate on top of the cake and refrigerate again until cool
Sorry Wills, I am a diabetic and my doctor has told me to lose weight so I skipped the chocolate topping. I whipped up some cream and served my cake with a spoonful of cream instead. By the way, I used the remainder of the cream that I bought for next week's sumptuous recipe (sorry doc, I have will have to lose weight later). If you want to make Prince William's cake the way the prince likes it, and you don't have to worry about your diet, then go ahead, go the whole hog. By the way, the prince has a very good taste in cakes.