- Fresh cut rhubarb
- Hartley's Strawberry Jelly
- Cut the rhubarb stems into pieces about an inch long then wash well. You will need about 4 cups.
- Add sugar, the amount is not critical but about 1 cup for every 4 cups of rhubarb is a good guide.
- Stir the rhubarb and sugar together and leave for about an hour
- Simmer the rhubarb over gentle heat until it turns mushy
- Bring the rhubarb to a boil and add the Strawberry Jelly, stirring until all the jelly is dissolved
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature then scoop the jam into storage jars
- The jam is ready to serve after the jelly has set overnight
In May and June rhubarb is less tart but add more sugar in making this recipe in late season. This recipe is very simple to make and the resulting jam (I guess you could call it "rhubarb jelly") is absolutely delicious!