- 4 cups water
- 4 Oxo curry cubes
- 2 medium onions
- 2 medium potatoes
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan, then crush the Oxo curry cubes into the water and stir to dissolve; turn down the heat to a simmer
- Dice the onions and fry in a little oil until tender
- Dice and parboil the potatoes (about 5 minutes in a microwave usually works well)
- Stir the onions and potatoes into the curry stock and simmer for 10 minutes
- Using a hand blender (or a potato masher) lightly blend the onions and potatoes into the stock
- Stir in a little light cream (optional)
- Serve while still piping hot
Makes a light, mouth-watering lunch or serve as a starter. Oxo curry cubes are just spicy enough to set your taste buds tingling.
Where to Buy Oxo Curry Cubes
Oxo Curry cubes are available at some British stores in Canada (including Blighty's Tuck Store) or buy Oxo Curry cubes from Blighty's online shopping website.